Saturday, May 25, 2013

Massive Love by Becca Campbell


I scurried (can one scurry through digital media?) to 'Notes' because I am overwhelmed with love and maybe if I capture some of that feeling in words, I can savor and share at the same time.

Wow, there is some massive love happening right now in my world.

All through different media (text, FB, phone call, email), I am being showered with love.
Here's the kicker...these specific women, the love shower-ers, aren't doing anything "out of the ordinary." They are moving along, doing their work, noticing, working, playing, dreaming, struggling, overcoming, and sharing and if they even have an inkling of their impact, they certainly don't know the deepest extent of it. But I know.

It's a freight train of love, packed with intentions, clarity, effort, and an inspiration I cannot read about in any books (believe me, I have tried). Their one thought or one call or one effort ripples through my life into those I touch, so that it gains an awe-some momentum.

Y'see, what may sound like two people having a conversation or working out logistics, turns into, at the speed of light, a thought or feeling in me that I am valuable. But it doesn't stop there!

From that place, I feel this love from my peeps and I know that I can pass this love along. I can and will do whatever it takes to stay connected to those women, to make sure they are successful and triumphant. I won't tolerate any negative sass-talk, and I will sing their praises to complete strangers, because the love bond is a strong one and it's two ways. And they may think nothing of their acts and I too, may think nothing of mine, but this is what creates that web of women.

I always want to stop and examine this moment because too frequently I hear something or read something or just feel something from someone that changes my life and I don't turn back to them and hug them and strengthen that bond. I admit, I even take it for granted...but I can't keep doing that.

Because even if it's in both of our natures to do something, we both need to know that who we are in the world is working, that our perfection is manifest, that we can continue to fine tune, but as it stands, this is perfection, in real time. No deathbed needed. No eulogy or tragic story. We don't need to overcome crazy things or prove to ourselves (or the world) that we are valuable.

Because that love bond, JUST that love bond, tells me it is already done. The value is already there. It's just about recognizing it and being grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment